Tuesday, April 27, 2010

YUMMY Gemstones!! =)

Here I am, giddy like a child, wanting to jump up and down and scream "ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!" I have come to realize that I am a hourder of gemstones! OK, not really, because I will eventually let them go to someone who will cherish them as much as I do.

Today, I received my first package of goodies that Prilosec OTC has helped me to obtain. I have made a couple of supply/tool orders using the awards I was given to use towards my passion. The first order I put in was for some semi-precious gemstones to use in my jewelry. As soon as I received it in the mail, I had to open it! I was sitting in the parking lot where my mailbox is located, with my 17 month old baby boy in the back seat, playing away with his baby ipod. He didn't mind waiting, he was content and happy! I opened them up and they just took my breath away!! =) Of course, once we got home, I had to take them out again and look at them in more detail. I am amazed at such beauty and I love how they come from the earth. Natural, organic, and precious. I have several ideas of what I am going to create with these and I can't wait to get started!!

Tonight, I took a few pictures of the stones so you can see what they look like before they are used in my jewelry. The pictures don't do these stones justice, but I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do!! =)

In this first picture, the stones you see are as follows:
AA Black Spinel Rondelles, AA Pink Opal Marquise Briolettes, AA Rhodolite Garnet Dew Drop Briolettes, AA Rhodolite Garnet Rondelles, AA Pink Topaz Pear Briolettes, Pink Ruby Pear Briolettes.
 In the second picture, the stones are as follows:
AAA Crystal Quartz Diamond Briolettes, AA Multi-Moonstone Pear Briolettes, AA Peridot Rondelles.
In the third picture, the stones are as follows:
AA Pink Opal Heart Briolettes, AA Peridot Pear Briolettes, AAA Black Spinel Heart Briolettes, AA Rose Quartz Dew Drop Briolettes, AAA Lapis Lazuli Heart Briolettes.
I will write again soon when my other orders come in and also when I get some more pictures taken of the jewelry I make out of these lovely gems!
Thanks, Challene

4 comments:

Jay said...

Wow beautiful collections hoping to see more Awesome collections :)
Gemfind

Som's Studio said...

Those are some gorgeous gemstones!! How did Prilosec OTC help you?

Challene said...

Hi Som! =)

I entered a contest to win a sponsorship from Prilosec OTC. What I did was I told them what my passion was (jewelry creations) and what I wanted out of the sponsorship. I asked for help to pay for a metalsmithing class and also to purchase some tools and supplies for my jewelry business. They liked my application and they chose me as one of there sponsors. So, I was able to get some money to pay for my class and to buy some tools and supplies! =) Check out this site and you can read all about it. Even maybe enter yourself in the next one!
http://www.officialsponsor.com/officials/view/48

=) Challene

Unknown said...

The Michigan Gemstone, Jewelry & Coin Show August 26 2012.

Ticket Price
Adult $5.00
Kids under 13 Free
Tickets Available At The Show
Includes Free Food, Cash Bar & Entertainment


All age show where you can find gemstones and jewelry.
You can find items that you will not find any where else.


Precious gemstones, fine jewelry, beads, crystals, minerals, coins, fossils, cutting rough, findings, and lapidary supplies, gem faceting, silversmithing, wire wrapping, lapidary tools, jewelry equipment, precious metals & jewelry making supplies.


August 26 2012
The International Banquet Center
400 Monroe Street
Detroit Michigan


Show Hours


Sunday 9 am - 6 pm
For more info call 248-390-7530 or visit www.preciousgemstones.biz
Thank you